Our Wine Country Location|
Centrally located in the Northern California Wine Country. Santa Rosa is central to the incredible wine tasting of Northern California Wine Country as well as a destination of the Amgen Cycling Tour of California and within minutes of the locations for the Vineman Triathlon of Sonoma County Wine Country!
About one hour north of San Francisco, this lovely home
is centrally located in Santa Rosa, Sonoma County within minutes of and with easy access
to the wineries of Sonoma and Napa
wine regions. We are in the North Junior College area of town. Although situated with very easy access to the freeway and all conveniences,
Oak, Acer and Juniper trees surround the house giving it a private
atmosphere, especially in the peaceful organic garden at the back.
There are many wonderful
restaurants in Santa Rosa and also
within a short driving distance from town. There are also some excellent local markets we recommend highly. In putting together this website, we've created a resource
about the area in which you will find
many of our personal recommendations for your convenience.
In the close neighborhood are local markets as
well as supermarkets with large organic food sections. We do encourage you to visit our local merchants if you can, rather than supermarket chains. They are a very important part of our community with high quality products and service.
Upscale shopping is available in Montgomery
Village (about 10 minutes drive) as well as many unique local retail shops located in Healdsburg about 20 minutes north, and Sonoma about 40 minutes east. There are also factory outlet stores in Petaluma (about 20 minute drive depending on the time of day).
We are close to the Sonoma County Fairgrounds where both
the County Fair and Harvest Fair are held.
We have an
amazing agricultural and artisan community in Sonoma County, and
consequently have many wonderful Farmers Markets representing our locally
farmed produce, Sonoma County foods, arts and crafts.
- Cotati - Thursdays, June 2 - Sept. 15, 2011, 4:30 - 7:30 p.m. - La Plaza Park, W. Sierra & Old Redwood Hwy.
- Duncans Mills - behind Blue Heron Restaurant Duncans Mills, CA Saturdays, 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Gualala - Gualala Community Center Gualala, CA 95445 Saturdays, 10:00 AM - 12:30 PM, May through October. At the corner of Hwy 1 and Center Street in downtown Gualala.
- Guerneville - Guerneville Town Square Guerneville, CA Wednesdays, 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM
- Healdsburg - North & Vine Streets Healdsburg, CA Saturdays 9:00 AM - 12 Noon; May through November
- Healdsburg - Matheson Street on the Plaza Healdsburg, CA Tuesdays, 4:00 PM - 6:30 PM; June through October
- Occidental - Downtown Occidental, in front of Howard Station Cafe Occidental, CA Fridays, 4:00 pm until dusk
- Petaluma - Walnut Park - Petaluma Boulevard & D Street Petaluma, CA 94952 Saturdays - 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM, approx. May - October
- Santa Rosa (Oakmont) - Oakmont Drive and White Oak Santa Rosa, CA Saturdays - 9:00 AM - 12 Noon; Year 'round - Rain or Shine
- Santa Rosa (Vets Bldg) - Veteran's Building East Parking Lot Santa Rosa, CA Wednesdays & Saturdays - 8:30 AM - 12 Noon; Year 'round / Rain or Shine.
- Santa Rosa (Downtown) - B Street @ Santa Rosa Plaza Santa Rosa, CA Wednesdays - 5:00 PM - 8:30 PM; Last Wednesday of May to the first Wednesday of September.
- Sebastopol - Downtown Plaza @ McKinley Street Sebastopol, CA Sundays - 10:00 AM - 1:30 PM; April through December
- Sonoma - Depot Park @ First Street West Sonoma, CA Open Fridays - 9:00 AM - 12 Noon; Year 'round.
- Sonoma - Sonoma Plaza on the Square Sonoma, CA Tuesdays - 5:30 PM - Dusk; April through October.
- Windsor - Town Green in Old Downtown Windsor, CA Sundays - 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM; May through November and Thursday Nights 5-8 pm
Northern California Coast
redwood lined drive of about 40 minutes will deliver you to the
Northern California coast. You will arrive at the town of Jenner where
the Russian River meets the Pacific Ocean. Turning southward, the first
beach you'll come to is Goat Rock, bordered on one side by the River and
another by the Pacific. Between the months of March - August is pupping
season for the colony of Harbor Seals who live here. It is a beautiful
beach for photos.
Sonoma County is a lovely part of California and we're
certain you'll enjoy the beautiful vistas and lovely agricultural views. We are less than an hour from the Sonoma Coast where you can enjoy beautiful sunsets
and excellent meals. Our charming old-world small towns and wonderful artisan craftspeople make this a desirable place to live.